After years of writing on the internet, I’ve finally had success with page ranking on Google. I’m just a Content writer, not an Egg Head with skills. I don’t use Keywords or Backlinks but I do have Good Writing Ability and knowledge on my subject. I stumbled on this formula after noticing there was some common ground with Search Engines Google, Bing, Yahoo & Duckduckgo. How do you get your Website to the top of Google?
- Use Bing-Yahoo & DuckDuckgo rank to gauge where Google will rank your post
- If they rank your post from
#0-5 Don’t Edit-wait for Google’s Rank
- #6-10 Make small changes to the post or the title
- If there is No Rank by the other Search Engines in 1-2 wks.
Change some content
Let’s assume you write fairly well and have something to say, you’re looking for that extra edge for Page Ranking. You can stop waiting on Google to mark your test results when that could be a month or more down the road. Try this!
What are the top 5 search engines?
I have been trying my hand with writing blogs and internet marketing, trying to find some niches that will drive some traffic to my site and knew it would take a while before I could hit on some success. While I was tracking my post on Google, I started looking at Bing.
I found that some of my articles on Bing were ranking. I wondered if Bing could be graded like Google and could be related in the way they rank. I asked my instructor for my Internet Content Class. He said “possibly there was but they weren’t looking at it” I thought maybe there could be a correlation between them and maybe I could use them someway creating some advantage. So I started writing things down.
After a year and 130 posts on my site, I also found that Bing ranked about a week after I wrote an article. It would take a while to hear anything from Google. They sort of took their time. After all, they were the Big Boys in the business. Then they might look a few times.
After Bing, I decided to look at Yahoo and Duck and I found that about 90% of the time they all three ranked the exact same way and about the same time. I decided to start recording numbers and used the Search engines for the data. After a year and 130 Post with about 80% of my post be ranked thanks to my excellent class at Project 24 and I also found that:
- Bing, Yahoo, and Duckduckgo and Yippy Search. were ranking my article in about a week. My site was new and that had some bearing on that.
- The time between the other search engines was the same but had no correlation with Google. Google was Google. Did they mirror their standards to Google? It made sense that they did. You would want to copy or use the same excellence that Google uses. They wrote the book. They are smaller companies with fewer employees but do mostly the same thing. Right?
- The Page Rank was also the same between Bing, Yahoo, and Duck about 90% of the time. Literally the exact same.
- The final Page Rank and Position between Google and the other Search Engines were the same about 80% of the time after some time. I used articles about a year old to compare with.
- They were around a 1-3 point average difference. Close enough and even dead on to rely on the numbers.
- Google could change numerous times but the others not so much. Google showed its strength in haw it could re-rank articles for the good or the bad. I learned that some things are better left alone. Some are not and can be re-evaluated.
How to Improve Google Search Ranking
After a while, I was editing my post using the information on Rank the other Search Engines were providing. I knew that if I wrote an article that ranked by Bing at # 2 that Yahoo and Duck would also rank it # 2 that Google would most likely rank it at number 1-2-3-4 in the higher range. There are many things that Google won’t let slip through the cracks but they seem close.
After consistently doing this I could use this as a formula of ensuring my rank on Google would be good. I used the other Search Engines as a gauge. It worked!
My intention like everyone reading this was to get the highest Page Ranking on Google, not Bing but this seemed promising. After a week or so I used this to decide whether to do a small edit to my post or not.
- If I have numbers on the other Search Engines like 1 to 5-then I won’t touch the post and just wait to see where Google ranks it.
- If my number is ranked 5 to 10 I may change a small portion in the title without waiting to see where Google ranks me. Sometimes I would spot spelling mistakes or small proofreading problems that you could only see after a few days.
- If the post is not ranked by the smaller Search Engines in a week to 2 weeks or not positioned on the 1st page, I look for some bigger blunders or negatives on the post that somehow I overlooked. That space in time between their 1st rank and Googles 1st Rank can be used to your advantage.
There are a few things to remember using this formula to gauge your Rank and Editing your post.
- Google will always take another look at your site if you take it down and republish. The way I do this to go to the dashboard and put the article on a quick edit then update it-make your change then Publish the article and update it again. I don’t know if this is technically right but it works for me.
- It takes up to 7 months or so for Google to finish your ranking for the post. I’ve only seen my post rankings change up until about 5 months old after making some bigger changes.
- Bing, Yahoo, and Duckduckgo very seldom take another look but that’s my experience. They have a few times and after a month or so after I made an edit to my post. I don’t pay any attention to them after the initial ranking. My focus after the first time is all Google.
How to Get to the Top of Google Search
For me, writing is everything especially when you see how poor a lot of it is on the internet. Google seems to be really concerned about what gets to the top of the page and on their snippet. My thinking is that the other Search Engines are following suit.
I have no technical skills on SEO or expertise in Google applications only that when I wrote a good or bad article all Search Engines were in agreement which probably means that they have similar standards and demands that they all share.
If this is the case then you may be able to take advantage of that by seeing the teacher marks before you hand in your test. Using the time to make some edits before you hand in your paper.
Here are some examples: This article is one of many and you can use this formula and see how it works for yourself. Look up the article on each Search Engine and see for yourself. Make small incremental changes and wait.
1. How Do You Relieve Your Labrador Puppies Fear of Water- Published 6/29
Google- Snippet + # 1
Bing-#1 and # 2
Yahoo-# 1 and # 2
Duckduckgo-#1 and #2
2. What is a Waterspout – Published 7/13-edited on 8/1
As you can see, I bombed completely and consistently across all Search Engines on the second post. But the formula gave me a chance to see that early on. I tried to do some major editing on this article called What is a Waterspout? not long ago and am waiting on Google and the rest for their verdicts. Don’t forget with every change wait for a while. Be patient.
Happy Writing Everyone!
Just a note: This article is all based on my information that was acquired in the last year or so. I’m not selling it, just sharing it, for people like me that are writers and creators who have the technical knowledge to share but have had a hard time getting their post to a proper ranking for people to see it. If this helps you then I have succeeded.