When we are properly hydrated, our bodies function better and we feel better. Some people who struggle to stay hydrated are professional athletes and outdoor sports enthusiasts who enjoy backpacking or hiking where important water sources are first filtered using reverse osmosis that removes valuable minerals and electrolytes. Water additives like hydrate electrolyte powder can help prevent chronic hydration with an added bonus. What is hydrate electrolyte powder?
Hydration powder is a drink mix you add to H2O to remedy dehydration. Contains minerals needed for your body to make electrolytes including sodium, calcium, & potassium lost by sweating in physical exertion, drinking alcohol that creates hangovers & stripped away in H2O by RO portable water filters
In an active world, Electrolytes are very important in preventing dehydration and providing a well-balanced good healthy-functioning body and are provided in Sports Drinks, Powder, and Tablets form. What is not well known is these powdered hydrate supplements can also be used to avoid a hangover after a night of celebrating using alcohol.
What Do Electrolytes Do To Your Body
Electrolytes are minerals found in your blood that help regulate and control the balance of fluids in the body. These minerals play a role in regulating important body functions like blood pressure, and muscle contraction and keep your system working properly. The most vital minerals are Calcium, Chloride, Sodium, Potassium, and Magnesium. Keeping the body hydrated, controlling the body’s nervous system, and balancing the body’s acidic and basic (pH) levels.
For optimal health and performance, the right amount of these three minerals are necessary for your body. When you are exercising and sweating or are sick you can lose these minerals and suffer from and experience muscle cramping and spasms which are the signs of dehydration. Other signs are dry lips and tongue, headache, weakness, dizziness, nausea, and cramps. Some Sports Drinks contain these electrolytes and others come in tablets and powder to mix with water. Endurance athletes use a variety of these drinks but not all of them are made the same.
What is the Best Way to Replenish Electrolytes
Natural sources of electrolytes are:
- Fruit juices such as orange juice, cherry juice, and watermelon juice are all good sources of magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Coconut water is another source of certain electrolytes, specifically potassium, calcium, sodium, and magnesium
- Sports drinks are commonly available electrolyte beverages. While popular, sports drinks have their fair share of pros and cons.
- Oral electrolyte solutions are another type of commercial electrolyte drink. Manufacturers typically formulate these with the optimal balance of electrolytes and sugar to help people recover from dehydration.
By consuming a balanced diet, which includes nutritious foods and drinks, a person can typically supply the body with the necessary minerals to support a healthy electrolyte balance. This means ensuring that your daily diet includes fruits and vegetables rich in electrolytes, as well as other healthy sources of essential minerals. It is also important to maintain proper hydration throughout the day.
A lot of folks these days are taking the soda out of the fridge for the summer and replacing it with filtered water sweetened by fruit. Health-conscious adults don’t need a doctor to tell them that water and fruit are good for them. If you can’t hydrate naturally then try Electrolyte Powder.
Electrolyte Drink Powder
There are numerous products on the market today that are in dry powder form that is used for replacing electrolytes:
- Pedialyte AdvancedCare® Plus Powder Packs is formulated to replenish more of the electrolytes you may lose due to vomiting, diarrhea, or extreme perspiration caused by excessive heat or prolonged exercise. Pedialyte AdvancedCare Plus also has PreActiv Prebiotics to help promote a healthy digestive system. One serving contains 370 mg of Potassium & 840 mg. of Chloride
- Laird Coconut Water Hydrate– contains 312 grams of Pottasium & 10 mg. of Magnesium in one 8oz serving
- Cheers Hydrate–Optimizes the Sodium-Glucose Cotransport System for rapid rehydration-Formulated using clinical research performed by the World Health Organization that contains Sodium as Sodium Chloride-840 mg Pottasium as Pottasium Chloride-390 mg. in one serving
- LMNT Packets-Recharge gives you more electrolytes in the ideal ratio. Each serving contains 1000 mg of Sodium-200 mg of Pottasium & 60 mg of Magnesium
Besides outdoor enthusiasts that depend on water filtration from sources along the trail, hydrate powder can get you through the party nights when you have had a few and wake up with a hangover caused by dehydration.
According to the Mayo Clinic: Alcohol causes your body to produce more urine. In turn, urinating more than usual can lead to dehydration — often indicated by thirst, dizziness, and lightheadedness.
According to Cheers: When you’re dehydrated from alcohol consumption, your body needs more than just water to correctly hydrate. Water alone doesn’t effectively deliver hydration to your bloodstream, so they invented Hydrate formulated using clinical research performed by the World Health Organization. The fastest, safest, and most effective way to get properly hydrate. The ingredients in Cheers Hydrate optimize the Sodium-Glucose Co-Transport System for rapid and complete rehydration.
Our formula has a precise amount of glucose, sodium, and potassium to transport water across the intestinal membrane into the bloodstream. This ultimately means that you will absorb significantly more water per ounce consumed, at a faster rate. There is no known faster, safer, or more effective method of rehydration. It’s all thanks to our hero ingredient, DHM, which is a flavonoid extracted from a Japanese raisin tree that was found to have anti-alcohol properties in 2012 through a published study in the Journal of Neuroscience.
A hangover was not exactly the reason we purchased Cheers. We bought it for long Backpacking trips to ensure proper hydration. Using (RO) Reverse Osmosis Micro-Filters that are known for stripping out important minerals from H2O that affect hydration which is so important when involved with strenuous hiking outdoors on the trail. As my kid said, “But what the heck”
My son tried out different products and equipment during his solo month-long trip from Solar Backpacks to Portable Water Filters and used Cheers Hydration Supplement to ensure proper hydration. “Hydration is so important for physical sports like hiking, especially solo hikes where preventing dehydration is of the utmost importance and can be a major health risk in extreme sports”
The trip from Wheeling West Virginia approximately 380 miles northeast towards the Delaware Water Gap on the New Jersey side prepared for the last 6 months or so with his dad, and me. Check out my article on How Is Fruit Infused Water is Good for You? right here on MyWaterEarth&Sky. Ideas for making your own Fruit Infused Drinks for hiking, fishing, and camping.
References: HealthEssentials- Electrolyte Drinks: Beneficial or Not?
Medical News Today-What are Electrolyte Drinks and How to Make Them?